Wednesday 16 November 2011

Tea Please!

Ryan's mom very kindly lent us half her furniture when she moved in with a friend of hers until she found a little home she could call her own. Luckily for her, this has come sooner than we all anticipated, so unluckily for us; we have to find new things for our little home.
I am actually quite happy about this though as now I have a reason to shop...excitement fills my heart when I think of that.

So instead of supporting the consumer trends and running to the mall, swiping my credit card or account card and joining the rest of the credit junkies, I decided to thrift our things online.

I came across a wonderful little website called Mint. An online shop for "retired goods" or second hand awesome vintage goods. Kirsty runs the Mint shop from durban and she is very accommodating and a lovely person to chat to.
Look at her shop online or visit her stand at the I heart markets on the first saturday of every month.

My only purchase for now was this retro red kettle but I am very eager to buy more goodies soon.

Down side of the retro red kettle: you have to switch it off at the wall to stop the boiling which may be a problem to remember in the early morning and I doubt it will last forever.

Upside to the retro red kettle: it looks fabulous in the kitchen and if it doesnt last forever then it will become my utensil holder for my wooden spoons and spatulas.

LaurenLeigh cc

No comments:

Post a Comment