Thursday 24 November 2011

Durban and it's hidden musical treasures

I know I have been in hiding for a few days but as everyone says lately: "life has been so manic".

On Monday, Ryan and I decided to join some friends at the Collective art gallery in Windermere Road to listen to some bands. I wasn't actually sure what the evening had in store but when we got there I discovered it was the Battle of the Acoustics 2011.

The acoustic sets were really good but one solo artist who really stood out for me was Amy White. I watched her set up on her own, sound check on her own and test her guitar and keyboard, on her own. and yes she is that talented...guitar and keyboard.

With a voice similar to Adele, Evanescence and her own twist, Amy gave me goosebumps and a chill up my spine. She feels her music, believes in it and has a great natural stage presence.
She has no worries about what people think of her. She is there to have fun, sing her music and entertain her followers.

Amy White also belongs to a band called Kings and Queen ( which I still have to listen to) and you can check them out here or simply look for Amy on Facebook under Amy White.

Do yourself a favour and go to one of her gigs...it is amazing this kind of talent is in Durban and the sad thing is that only a few people know about her.
So spread the word...and the love.

LaurenLeigh cc

No comments:

Post a Comment