Tuesday 12 June 2012

And the #30daydetoxchallenge comes to an end

Monday was my last day of the Lisa Raleigh 30 day detox challenge. For those of you who have been following my progress, hearing me complain or simply not understanding why I am doing this or have done it; you can all take a deep breathe and relax...as I have decided to continue with the detox challenge as best as I can as a way of life.

Its not about trying to lose weight or look good or even compare stories with other girls who are dieting ( and doing it the VERY wrong way). It is simply about living healthy, feeling AMAZING, appreciating food, experimenting with food and looking after your insides.
And at the end of the day, if your inside body is healthy then your outside body will reflect those results.

By completing this detox, it has shown me really how bad certain foods can be for you. Obviously you cannot live this strictly forever as there will be the occasion where you have to "cheat" due to circumstances that are unforeseen; but then cheat! If its one meal or one day or even one weekend; the trick is to go back to your old/ new habits of healthy eating as soon as you can.

Pro's of the detox so far:
* strong nails
* better focus or concentration
* look forward to meal times and cooking
* my insides are happy with me ( I usually suffer with : Everything I eat, my stomach HATES)
* bowel movements have increased drastically ( this is a celebration in my house)
* my skin looks and feels amazing ( my skin therapist even noticed)
* added bonus - I lost 3.5 Kgs without any form of exercise ( try to exercise on this detox - I just didn't have time or was too lazy)
* and many many more

Con's of the detox so far:
* it is quite a lot of preparation
* grocery bill has doubled as its alot more fresh ingredients
* I feel like I have a hangover if I eat sugar, wheat, dairy or meat now ( good thing to avoid them now then)
* difficult when dining with friends or at a restaurant but its about changing your mindset and making the right choices now

Try it today and see the difference. Who knows? Maybe it will be the best thing you do in 2012.
Good Luck!

LaurenLeigh cc

No comments:

Post a Comment