Tuesday 4 October 2011

Pineapple Beer

Two Saturdays ago I decided to meet the girls at the farmers market for a little early morning fresh veggie shopping and breakfast.
Among the beautiful organic veggies, cheese, Colombo coffee (amazing at 8am), sweets and treats I stumbled across a stall with yellow bottles on their tables.
A lovely couple informed me that this yellow bottle was in fact Pineapple beer!

A very low alcohol content when first purchased but as it sits and ferments in the fridge, the alcohol levels build up until you have a fruity refreshing beer.

A word for the wise: Make sure you open the lid of the bottle everyday to release the gas and bubbles that build up from the fermentation process. And do it over the sink. As I learnt the hard way...cleaning pineapple beer off a kitchen floor isn't quite as much fun as drinking it out the bottle.

I can't wait to buy some more of this for summer time around the pool.

Laurenleigh cc

No comments:

Post a Comment