Sunday 2 October 2011

28 November - 13 months


This post is a bit late but better late than never "they" always say.

Yes, myself and my boyfriend Ryan are that sickening couple who celebrates every anniversary. Our anniversary is based off the day we first met and kissed and most people find this repulsively lame.
However, We love it. Well, I do.

Every month something different occurs. Whether it’s a dinner, picnic, weekend at the midlands or just a simple home cooked dinner such as one of our favourite meals, we do something to “spoil” ourselves.
Well this week was such an anniversary; 13 months.

I decided to work late ( of all the nights I could choose) and at 17.30 I got a frantic phone call from Ryan to ask where I was. Now this is very odd for him to do as he isn’t a phaffer and 17.30 is not late for me to be coming home.
As I walked through the door I was greeted by the below picture: blanket on the floor, table with hand picked flowers, candles, my favourite Woolies strawberry sweets, my favourite cheddar crisps, my favourite music playing off the laptop ( yes he had made me my own special playlist) and a letter written with love on a blue piece of paper.

And that’s when it hit me. K.I.S.S…Keep It Simple Stupid.

None of that cost Ryan a cent but it was worth a million rand to me.
He took the time to think about something I would want or enjoy and he made a plan to “spoil” me.
So the moral to this story is such: you don’t need fancy dinners all the time and luxurious presents and weekends away only to be left with a credit card bill in the red. You just need to know your partner and improvise.

Look at the rest of my pics here

Laurenleigh cc

No comments:

Post a Comment