Monday 24 October 2011

Double dates....order the pasta.

Tonight was a dinner at one of my regular half price special restaurants Plate in Hotel 64 on Gordon road with an old friend.

In front of us was a table of four. Two guys and two girls. A double date.
While I am sure they were only but too happy to be listening to our conversation of cussing, sexual conversations and heightened voices as the wine kept flowing ( as us girls do- please note the sarcasm in my typing voice), I had to stop and watch them as four individuals and as two couples.

The two guys were trying ever so subtly to compete with each other. Talking about their jobs, flashing their car keys around and lastly, one of them pulling their iPad out.
While the girls kept chatting quietly in the corner; I am sure acting in a very similar way to the boys but I could not hear them.

I'm a people watcher and I was so enthralled by the human behaviour of these four people. Both couples ordered exactly the same thing. One couple the pasta dish and the other the fillet dish. And the men ordered for the ladies.
Now this made me wonder...did they always do this while dining out or was this something they did only when meeting with friends and they felt insecure about themselves?

Nevertheless, my meal was amazing, the company phenomenal and an all round good evening. Try it out sometime.

LaurenLeigh cc

No comments:

Post a Comment